Warning: This is a boring post. More for my memory than anything else. Skip it if you're looking for something interesting to read. :)
I went 8.5 miles today alone. Sam's been busy with track and scouts, so I decided I would get some miles in and I'm getting tired of running. I made a figure 8 from Lake Wilson to South Sand Lake. A good route with some decent hills. I love the extra 11 gears on this bike - makes hills SO much easier!!
The first time I took the new bike out something seemed off with the front wheel. Seemed off balance again today. I checked the rim against the brakes and nothing looks bent or out of shape, so I'm wondering if it's something with the actual tire or tube. The new tubes should be delivered today, so hoping that once I get the tubes and tires changed things will smooth out. I ordered a new stem - gives me a shorter reach and raises the bars up a bit. Should be more comfortable than the 120mm with practically no rise that I've got on there now. Got some of the raw materials for Sam's saddlebags - still collecting, and then we can start constructing. Can't wait!
Best part of the ride today was watching a male mallard coming in for a landing on a little lake off Mechanic!
No comments:
Post a Comment