Thursday, May 14, 2015

Training, again. 5-14-15

Sam seems to be keeping in shape with track practice.  I, however, need to be more diligent and need to squeeze more bike time in.  So I went out this morning.  Bright, sunny, chilly.  It really wasn't too bad. 

I had to take a few things to church this morning, so I took Sam's bike instead of mine so I could stash my stuff in his saddlebags.  Oh, we found a new set of bags for him for a steal.  The kitty litter buckets worked, but were quite heavy and cumbersome.  We're going for sleek, baby!  So, I took off on a route, trying to avoid morning traffic (if there IS any traffic here).  On the way back, I decided to check out part of the PALM route that takes us into town (I just rode it backwards.  The route.  Not backward on my bike!)  Anyway, it was a pretty section of Reading Road/Bankers Road that goes past the golf course.  I was admiring a bird as he flew along with me and was amazed at how close he was getting. .. until I realized he was just trying to get close enough to poop on me.  I saw the white streak coming and then heard the splat just a foot or so from my front tire.  Thank goodness for birds with bad eyesight!



So 12.6 miles overall this morning.  I think I like Sam's bike.  His frame is an inch or so smaller than mine, and I think it fits me better. And I like his gear ratio.  Hm, wonder if I can talk him into a trade.  Maybe I'll make him take mine on our next ride and see what he thinks.  I think I need a lot more riding.  I was enjoying the ride this morning, but decided that I was ready for a rest at the end of it.  And that was not even 15 miles yet!  Ugh.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dislike riding i when it;s chilly!! I need, need, need to get on mine more!!