Sunday, May 17, 2015

10 mile victory!

I managed to get the boys out and we did 10.4 miles!  Yes, it included a stop at the Udder Side.  Mackinaw Island fudge scoop for me, suicide slushy (a little of every available flavor) for Aaron, and a cherry Cow Lick on a Stick (think a ice cream bar on steroids) for Sam.  They melted pretty quickly, but they sure were good!  They were offering $3 pies to raise money for the Humane Society, and it would have been delicious, but how do you get a pie home in a saddlebag?

The ride went pretty good too.  We took Bunn north to US12.  That gave us hill practice, as there are some doozies on Bunn Rd.  US12 gave Aaron practice with being close to traffic.  It makes him a little nervous, but you have to get used to it.  And with Riverfest going on in Jonesville this weekend, we had plenty of traffic to deal with.  Apparently we're improving, because it's getting easier (emphasis on the "-er" part) to keep us straight and on the edge of the road and not zigzagging into traffic!  

The ride home, however, was a different story.  We took the bike trail to Walmart and then took Lake Wilson to Mechanic to Bunn to home.  And we were against the wind the entire way.  Ugh.  Awful.  But we did it.  And Aaron and I made it up every hill, never had to walk it - yet.  I'm assuming hills on the PALM will require some walking, but so far, so good.  

So I'm calling this weekend a success.  We got out, we got a decent ride in, and with no major (or even minor) issues with the ride.   Next weekend, Aaron wants to ride to Wendy's for Frostys.  At this rate, I'm going to be gaining weight from all this "training"!  :)

No comments: