Saturday, June 14, 2014

7 days and counting!

Today was our last "big" ride before we leave next week.  We did a 25.5 mile ride down to Reading, up to Allen and then home.    It took us just under 3 hours including the snack stop, so I think we're still averaging 10 miles per hour.  For the ride, we're thinking maybe 7-8 hour days of riding including breaks.  Hopefully the weather will be similar to today's - just gorgeous to be out!
 
We made it to Reading!!

 

Sam had to sample the lemon frozen custard.  By the end of the ride, I wished I had too!


Nope, we won't have a 50 miler under our belt before we go, but according to Denise Handy who has been on the PALM, "That's OK!!".  :)  Jeff works with Denise and she was a source of great support for me this week when we stopped by the school for some things for Jeff.  I sat and chatted with her and she had me feeling pretty confident by the end of our conversation.  Thank You Denise!!!
 
The focus this week is on packing.  I'm hoping that we'll each take a hiking backpack for our "stuff", one duffle for our pillows, bed pads, and misc. stuff, and one bundle of our tent and 2 chairs strapped together.  Nothing can weigh over 50 pounds, and they don't really give you a bag limit, but with 700 people and only 2 moving vans to carry bags, we're trying to pack light.  The good part is if we forget anything, we'll be passing plenty of places that we can stop and buy things! 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So amazing! I am in awe of your drive and awesome attitude! Will be thinking of and praying for you, Sam and the adventure at hand!!!!

Amy said...

Thank you so much for your support, Sue. It means more than you know! :)