Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day One - Arrival (Sam)

Well, after some three hours, we made it to Holland, our starting point. It's sorta rainy, so we're stuck in the tent, but we still manage to have fun. We began with unloading and setting up the tent, going to church (which was bi-lingual, which was different, but we could still understand most of it!) , we ate our dinner, from which we had the options of pizza, subs, or salad. Then, we said our goodbyes to Aaron and Dad, we discussed where we should stop, and we went to a very long, hot, and boring meeting, but very informative. Afterwards, we got our water, got caught in the rain, and set up the inside of the tent. I have very mixed feelings about this tour. I find that I won't mind the riding, but I mostly look forward to the rest stops! It's all pretty straightforward, but I'm mostly looking forward to it! We will be posting everyday, so be sure to keep checking up!

---Sam

Us and the tent!


Our campground, the track/football field.


A small look of the inside of the tent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time
It should be awesome . Be safe and look forward to hearing how it goes.

Unknown said...

looking at all the tents set up is a cool thing. If you can get higher (bleachers) it is so cool.